Cosplay is 100% welcome at the convention. We enjoy the atmosphere that cosplayers bring and we 100% support it. In light of the recent tragic events in Las Vegas, we are 100% enforcing and committing to a completely WEAPON FREE environment.
The safety and security of our attendees has been and always will be our top priority. Due to world developments over the past year, we have carefully reviewed our own security plans. We have also worked with the city of Las Vegas, the Las Vegas Metro Police Department, and our own security consultants to draft the most sensible security plan possible, while also preserving the fun and creative environment that Vegas Toy Con provides to our local community.
Important changes to our Security and Cosplay Weapons Policy
#1. Effective immediately, Vegas Toy Con will be a GUN FREE and PROP-GUN FREE SHOW. This means that anyone who brings a GUN, FIRE ARM and/or PROP-GUN to Las Vegas Toy Con will NOT be allowed to enter the convention. Furthermore, GUNS, FIREARMS, and/or PROP-GUNS will NOT be allowed on the show floor.
· PROP-GUNS: To be clear, props including, but not limited to those that resemble historical guns, science fiction guns, or fantasy guns. Simply put, if it looks like a GUN (and is NOT a banana or your finger), DON’T BRING IT!
#2. FUNCTIONAL WEAPONS will NOT be allowed at Vegas Toy Con under any circumstance. The following are specifically banned:
· Sharpened Metal-Bladed Weapons including, but not limited to axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades.
· Blunt Weapons including, but not limited to brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku.
· Explosives including, but not limited to firecrackers and fireworks.
· Chemical weapons including, but not limited to mace and pepper spray.
· Excessive Noise Making Instruments including, but not limited tovuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns.
#3. ALL costume/prop weapons MUST conform to State and Federal Laws and will be inspected at the Security Check before entering the Vegas Toy Con. If you DO NOT WANT your costume weapons inspected and/or tagged, DO NOT BRING them. Approved costume weapons will be tagged by security. Your approved weapon may be revoked at any time, if: you are handling it in a way that is deemed threatening by other attendees or you remove the security tag. In addition:
· Prop Weapons will be allowed, providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood or other lightweight materials.
· Hard Prop Weapons and Whips (including, but not limited to props made of metal, fiberglass and glass) must be securely attached to your costume in a way they may not be drawn.
· Projectile Weapons must be rendered inoperable. For example, this means bows may NOT have string and arrows must have foam tips or no tips.
· Lightsabers must be light-weight and made of plastic. Hilts can be made of lightweight metal.
· Shields must made from plastic or lightweight metal (with no sharp edges).
#4. Hate symbols and/or speech will NOT be tolerated. Costumes or clothing that involve hate symbols or hate groups are not allowed. It is unacceptable even if it was in a comic book, on a funny TV show, was a Cartman joke or if you are doing a historical re-enactment.
THank you for your understanding. We are committed to 100% safety and enjoyment for all those in attendance!